Sunday, June 1, 2008

All of a Sudden Energy Returned to the Lump on the Couch!!

Just a mini update on Sunday, June 1. Bob came home from the hospital on Thursday, May 29. He has done a lot of sleeping since then. But he's also been to the meetinghouse with Michelle to try to identify where the pipes are in the floor before construction begins next week, and he's been out to walk up and down the driveway and he has surveyed the little red house out back to see all that Michelle has done with painting and repairs.

My sister, Nancy Shantia, came down Thursday night and stayed with Bob while I went to work. She brought a new perspective and good ideas about how he could take care of himself. She fixed a good meal for that night's dinner, and she and I did some things together on Friday night and Saturday. We enjoyed visiting with her, Michelle and Alexandra. Even when very tired, Bob enjoys having people around him talking, sometimes with him directly.

He started a weird kind of hiccuping a week or so ago. It seemed to be relieved at times by changes in position. I tried doing Therapeutic Touch once or twice. We thought that helped, but when he changed position it came back. Yesterday it seemed to have stopped. All day I didn't mention it - superstitious me! But it seems to be gone. That is a relief. And along with that, after a good day's sleep Bob seemed much more himself last night. All systems seem to be moving in the right direction with a few kinks, but who is perfect? I came home from a program on Darfur and woke him up. I could feel the energy in him. He got up, and after a brief break, he helped himself to some leftovers from the night before and sat in here with me eating as though he was really hungry!

Today he is showering and plans to go to meeting. It's hurray time!

And after a torrential rains off and on yesterday the sun is out today and glistening on the damp grass.

No comments: