skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Bob had Chemotherapy - Anne had Alopecia Areata (temporary baldness)
Here is the thing. Bob had chemotherapy for a spot of colon cancer and two positive lymph nodes. About half-way through his therapy (not the kind that is expected to cause hair loss) I developed alopecia areata. I was unhappy when Michael pointed it out to me as he was giving me my monthly haircut. But as the bald area grew larger and larger I began to ponder what my body was trying to tell me. I decided to be honest with myself about my concerns about the cancer. I expect that Bob won’t have any more problems with this cancer. Hopefully the surgery got it all and the chemo added some insurance. But there are no guarantees. And it was this that I was denying. I didn’t talk with anyone about what would be next if the most unwanted thing happened. So I started to think about it and I talked with others. And I tried to limit my expectations in general – just accept what comes my/our way. Recently there is some fuzz growing in the bald spots. That makes me smile. Smiling, like singing and hugging, is nurturing. I hope that I’m in a new and positive loop.
No comments:
Post a Comment