We are well except we are too busy alternating with too tired and sometimes pretty cranky. I'm working on getting to the gym more often. We joined Planet Fitness a few weeks ago. It's billed as a "no judgement zone" and the initial membership was $99 for one year. They have lots of machines and are helpful when asked. Can't beat that. Even my gentle workouts are really good for me. Helps the body and the mood. My work is enjoyable these days and I remain busy. Although I am quite productive I have more trouble than ever staying focused on the list of prioities.
Bob is pretty good for someone who lets a really wonderful nurse put poison into his veins every 3 weeks or so. He has only one chemo treatment left. That will be after the Barbershop Competition the 1st weekend in October. Getting ready for a big competition sure does foster the crankiness. As each treatment is behind him he regains energy and strength as he has been this week. This weekend we plan to go to a weekend retreat with our Friends meeting at a Quaker conference and retreat center in Old Chatham NY. Here' s a new-ish picture of Bob in one of his favorite places - resting with another living being - in this case, Pippin!
We were delighted to welcome a teacher from el Alto, Bolivia to the
We are making plans for a group of 16 to attend the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater program at City Center on December 5th. Alexandra and I have been trying to get the tickets as a group but have not had a response in well over a week. So today we drove into the city to the Alvin Ailey headquarters and finally got to speak with someone in group ticket sales to put in our request. We seem to have a promise that we will have a group of tickets soon.
Well, as she does so well, Cassie is curled up on the couch very peacefully demonstrating how to relax and rest. I think I will follow her example and head for the bed. It's almost midnight.
1 comment:
You are very smart Anne, I admire to you how you can manage the computer, the kind of family that you have, the plans for your job , it is amazing, isn't it? It is so wonderful your blog, and thanks for the picture and the friendship.
Post a Comment